no bios drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

koopla

after cleaning out my computer i put everything back together the way it was and it goes through a memory check and a detecting stage then it trys to boot from cd because it says bios is not installed because there are no drivers attached. how do i fix this?

You need to give the -exact- error message.

If the "BIOS was not installed" in a literal sense, it could not booot at all even to ask for a CD, as the BIOS (which is hald in a non-volatile chip, not on the hard drive) is the code that allows the PC to recognise all key devices such as a hard drive and CD.

Please advise the exact make and model of PC, and exactly what you did to "clean out" the computer.

koopla

everything was working fine when i cleaned it, there was pop spilled on it that hard dried to certain parts of the machine and dust everywhere. i whipped the ram chip down and blew away some dust and then rescrewed everything in so that it stayed in place.

now i put in the windows xp disc and run that trying to recover the system. it says "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer."

im wondering how i could of messed up my hard drive by cleaning my computer out??? the battery seems to still be in there and all the pins on the hard drive are still there so idk.

koopla said:
there was pop spilled on it that hard dried to certain parts of the machine and dust everywhere.
now i put in the windows xp disc and run that trying to recover the system. it says "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer."
Sounds like the spilled pop on the hard drive and the other parts of the computer may be the cause of the problem.

"i whipped the ram chip down and blew away some dust and then rescrewed everything in so that it stayed in place."

This does not compute. RAM chips are not "screwed in place".....

Can you explain what you actually did to the machine, step by step.

Is this a desktop or a laptop PC?

I have looked hard into my crystal ball, and consulted with a whole fairground of Gypsies but still cannot determine the actions that transpired to cause this...

koopla

nice crystal ball- well i figured it out right when i was going to wipe my hard drive to get it back to working order with the os.

earlier today a friend of mines dad told me that he didnt like my motherboard not having a bolt under the ide3 and ide4 slots because when you put the strips in to connect the hard drives it would bend down, i hooked it into my ide1 slot right next to my ide2 slot which is where my roms go, and it started right up. :p silly almost got rid of my 1000+songs and wow and all that other stuff that takes awhile to get. thanks for the help fellas. the pop thing was usless it had been dried and done nothing. the only thing that could of happened im thinking when i cleaned it would of been frying something/static shock. but all is good now. thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online