1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"no boot device available"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yyoussef101, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yyoussef101

yyoussef101 Thread Starter

hey since two days I bought a computer and the windows is still not installed on the computer, so I got this message when I turned on the computer

no boot device available

strike f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility press f5 to run onboard diagnostics.

I tried to install windows 7 by a cd and didn't work and still getting the same message

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is a hard drive listed in the CMOS/BIOS Setup Utility? (Press [F2] when prompted to get into the Setup Utility).

If no hard drive is listed, there is a serious hardware problem that must be resolved before you can go any further. If the BIOS cannot see the hard drive, then neither will any Operating System (like Windows).

If a hard drive is listed, boot the computer from Windows 7 DVD and follow the onscreen instructions to install Windows on the hard drive. Note that you may need to change the "boot order" in the Setup Utility from trying to boot from the hard drive first, to try booting from the CD/DVD drive first instead.

3. yyoussef101

hey thanks for the response

can you show me where to click to see if hard drive is listed or no?

thanks

Attached Files:

4. yyoussef101

i uploaded a pic, you saw it?

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

:confused: Click the [+] next to "Drives".

6. yyoussef101

i clicked and that's all what i see:

diskette drive
    sata operation
    smart reporting
    drives

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

If no hard drive is listed, there is a serious hardware problem that must be resolved before you can go any further. If the BIOS cannot see the hard drive, then neither will any Operating System (like Windows).

8. yyoussef101

so do you have any solutions now?

9. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is there a hard drive in the computer?

Is the hard drive connected properly?

If the hard drive uses cables to attach it to the motherboard and power supply, are they known-good cables?

Are the contacts on the hard drive (and cables if applicable) connectors clean?

When you power on the computer can you feel and/or hear the hard drive spinning?

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you bought a computer with no operating system installed, perhaps there is no hard drive. You simply purchased a case, motherboard and power supply.

11. yyoussef101

i opened the computer and there's a hard drive and actually, i can see the information of the HDD when i click on drives

12. yyoussef101

there's a hard drive

13. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

If a hard drive is listed, boot the computer from Windows 7 DVD and follow the onscreen instructions to install Windows on the hard drive.

Note that you may need to change the boot order in the Setup Utility (under Boot Sequence). You want the computer to try and boot from your Windows DVD first, (before trying to boot from the hard drive).

14. miller101

miller101

As SpywareDr suggested you'll have to boot from Windows DVD and make sure to change the boot order

15. yyoussef101

i tried everything still getting the same message and the windows won't installing

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice