No boot device found, system halted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmarez

I have windows XP pro 1.7g, 1 gig ram 80 gig hd, 40gig hd, bay 1 floopy, bay 2 cd/rw, bay 3 dvd/dvdrw.
installed a sound card tried to re-start I get a message "NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND, SYSTEM HALTED".
removed sound card and re-started again same message. Can not by-pass or boot in safe mode.
Help i have tried just about everything I can think of to re-start computer no luck. Please make a suggestion
Dmarez

Try these steps to see if it helps:

Check your BIOS to make sure you have the correct drive booting, then disconnect "ALL" your drives and just reconnect your boot drive, then see if the system finds your drive. If it boots, then reconnect next drive, and test, then keep going until you have all your drives back..

Hope this helps!

Is the hard drive with the operating system dead? Try hooking the hard drive to another machine and see if it's detected... if not, then it might be dead. I hope not though! I just went through the death of another one of my hard drives, and It can be soo frustrating! Good luck, try what dmarez suggested first. Also, did you check the boot order and such in your BIO's? And did you just install any of the drives right before the problem? You might wanna check the jumpers on the drives if you haven't done that yet. =/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts