1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Boot Device - please restart system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roxy_javed, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roxy_javed

roxy_javed Thread Starter

I have a dell inspiron duo netbook - i switched it on and the above message plays. I have pressed F2 and ran a diagnostic check and everything is ok. How do I sort this out or restart the system as any key i press just repeats the same message on the screen. Thanks!

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

This would get better response in the Hardware Forum than in the Tech Related News Forum. You can click Report and ask a moderator to move it for you.

3. flyer0101

flyer0101 Dylan

This.

On to topic:

I believe that this means it cannot detect a OS (Operating System) which means your windows or mac has been deleted. basically your Hard Drive has nothing on it.

Could i ask what operating system you had installed on the laptop?
    Were you using the computer when this occured?

If you have your OS cd then put it in and re-install windows just follow the prompts on screen.

Flyer.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mostly agree with Flyer--the hard drive is not detected or the master boot record on it is not recognized. If the hard drive is detected you can can probably repair the boot if you have the installation CD or DVD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004766