1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Boot Devices Available

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bfetechdoc, Jan 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. bfetechdoc

bfetechdoc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jason
    Working on a Dell Inspiron Dimension All In On PC, first diagnosis was a bad hard drive, boot F12 showed none of the boot sequences, HDD or CD/DVD it only showed Windows Boot Master, Onboard NIC IPV6 and IPV4 and Avast ! Grime Fighter, I've gone through all the Steps in both F2 setup and F12 Bios, I've checked the wires and plugs all look good, I've ran Advanced Systems Check and all shows good. Still getting No Boot Devices Available. It also shows Hard Ware scan complete no issues. Also USB OS ( HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP6ONB50 1.00) will not load with windows 10 CD in it. I've also disconnect the New HDD C: and Plugged in a External HDD USB rear, which checked out good during the test sequences. with Windows 10 and still get NO Boot Available, what next. I've even changed the Cosmos Battery.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Replace the SATA cable for the HDD and see.

3. bfetechdoc

bfetechdoc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jason
    Hello Lunarlander:
    Thanks for the reply, I did that but still no boot, I found the problem, the Master Boot Record had been damaged by the Virus, Avast! Grime Fighter, so I change the boot sequence and Disabled the Avast Boot Sequence, then it recolonized my External HDD and Installed Win. 10.
    Thanks
    Jason bfetechdoc.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Glad to know it is working now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202813