No boot.ini

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

texguy1945

:confused:

Okay, I'm really confused now. After I leave my PC unattended for about 8-10 hours while I am at work, I get home and when I try to do something immediately get an Out Of Memory error.

I have looked at several suggestions, most of which refer to modifying the boot.ini file. Guess what? I don't have one! And yes, I have looked in hidden and system files...no boot.ini to be found. When I do a search for boot.ini, my computer finds a backup of boot.ini in C:\Windows\pss.

What's up with this?

Thanks

As a test go to a cmd prompt [run -type cmd and hit enter]
type cd\ this should put you at the root of c:

type attrib boot.ini and hit enter

What is listed?

texguy1945

As a test go to a cmd prompt [run -type cmd and hit enter]
type cd\ this should put you at the root of c:

type attrib boot.ini and hit enter

What is listed?
It says it's not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online