1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Boot, No Bleep

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jakecore, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jakecore

jakecore Thread Starter

Computer won't boot. I switch it on, everything internally comes on (case fans, gfx card fans, cd drive, hard disk) but the mouse and keyboard are showing no lights. The monitor remains on standby. There is no bleep on startup. I removed the memory, still no bleep. I've cleared the CMOS (or at least i've used the jumper the manual stated to use to achieve this). The computer is almost 3 years old and gets a lot of use, typically 6 hours a day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. vistashen

vistashen Banned

Try entering the Bios Setup if you are able to get in, turn on POST/ or turn off fast boot. If you are not able to enter Bios setup its a hardware problem like motherboard or other stuff.

3. jakecore

jakecore Thread Starter

Yeah i've messed around a bit with various ram and gfx cards and i think it's just the mobo failed :(

4. bbearren

bbearren

It is either the motherboard or the CPU. If everything powers up but you get no POST, my guess is CPU.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice