no boot,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmw1084

hi need some input on a problem and its diagnostic results

the other day i fired up my pc from a cold boot, it fired up cleared post 1 long beep rebooted then did 1 long 2 short then cycled with no beeps and did that 2 more times shut down pulled bottome video card to see bios post screen on bottom of the 780i <nf78-a1 from evga> board it read c1>c3>25>26 stopped on 26 and then did a long beep with 2 short and jumped to a 52 and rebooted.

ran memorytest 86+ on each stick 1 time per slot 1 at a time for 2 passes then all at one time 2 passes no error codes with extended test, ran prime95 burn in cpu and memory test no errors ran video card burn in no errors hdd extended diagnostic no errors

then ran several system port diagnostic suites here is were errors start.
i ran diagnostics on motherboard with no peripherals and only 1 ide drive plugged in for cd rom drive

busmaster;
pcie to pci
error faulty irq subroutine values

busmaster;
pci to pcie

busmaster;
memory controller slot 1
error faulty irq subroutine value

busmaster;
memory controller slot 2

busmaster;
memory controller slot 3

busmaster;
memory controller slot 4

busmaster;
acpi

busmaster;
hpet

these all started after i replaced a faulty psu thru rma ive checked psu with psu tested load and no load and all withini nominal for new psu with less then 100 hrs

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8190 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 262259 MB; D: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 130609 MB; E: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 563837 MB; F: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 36707 MB; G: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 50054 MB; H: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 534764 MB; I: Total - 99 MB, Free - 71 MB; X: Total - 99 MB, Free - 71 MB;
Motherboard: EVGA, 132-CK-NF78
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus

any comments great myself and another tech believe that my psu surged on failure and fried the chipset or parts of it

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try re-installing the Chipset drivers.

If that doesn't help consider flashing the Bios.

How many physical HDDs do you have ?

What make and model is the new PSU ?

jmw1084

i have re-installed all drivers i have flashed the bios from p08 to p10 i have ran the diagnostics with 1 hdd no hdd all 6 hdd 1 cd rom then both cd roms all errors are the same no matter what i do.

and post behavior is the same ive fixed the no post but now posting from power button press to bios on screen is 5-6 seconds then bios loads to screen and it takes another 3 seconds to get to memory at which point is stops post and i get c1-c3-25-26-52-75 now it then verifiying bios and loads windows which takes another 13 seconds then i can log in at which point from entering login information to usability of desktop and programs is 10-20 seconds . before the problems bios loaded before monitors could even turn on they would show windows before anything else always had to press the delete on initial fireing up to get to bios or would miss it ive noticed a 30 second increase in bios post time from boot to windows loading screen

power supply is a brand new corsair 1000hx just replaced it as last one went belly up one morning turned it on and it powered up sounded weird and shut off.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So it's working ok now but taking 30 seconds longer than before to get to the Desktop ?

Have a look in the Bios for a 'quickboot' (or similar wording) option.
This will bypass some of the onscreen stuff if that's the problem.

Please include CAPITAL letters in you posts if you can, it makes them much easier to read.

jmw1084

quick boot is enabled by default i already checked that and nv mem test is disabled, ive gone thru all the steps to troubleshoot the board currently after everything and being able to boot to windows i still get

busmaster;
pcie to pci

busmaster;
pci to pcie

busmaster;
memory controller slot 1

busmaster;
memory controller slot 2

busmaster;
memory controller slot 3

busmaster;
memory controller slot 4

busmaster;
acpi

busmaster;
hpet

again things done pulled all hardware except 1 cdrom my ram cpu and 1 video card and booted from cd to ultimateboot cd and ran system diagnostic suite to test motherboard ports and got the error faulty irq subroutine value on all above.
i have updated all drivers for every peice of hardware including chipset and flashed bios to p10
quick post is enabled
nvram test is disabled
tried booting with acpi and then again with hpet
i have tried changing nvidia profiles to see if a different value runs better

no matter what i do how i do it the results are the same

busmaster;
pcie to pci

busmaster;
pci to pcie

busmaster;
memory controller slot 1

busmaster;
memory controller slot 2

busmaster;
memory controller slot 3

busmaster;
memory controller slot 4

busmaster;
acpi

busmaster;
hpet

short of pulling my cpu for another or replacing ram with another type i cant diagnose any further

again tests ran in order

memtest86+ off boot cd
western digital lifegaurd from linux boot cd
maxtors hdd program that came with hdd from boot cd
prime95 from windows
video card diagnostic from linux boot cd
then several system diagnostic suites from boot cd

pulled all hardware and reinserted 1 peice at a time nothing changes the fact i get the same errors with busmaster

only change is i can get into windows after reinserting hardware

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It looks like the motherboard may have been damaged when your previous PSU failed.

I can't think of anything else you can do except live with it or get a new one.

Someone else may have an idea so don't give up yet.

jmw1084

im not worried about living with it i just want to make sure its the mobo if its ram i can buy new ram if its a hdd i can buy that cpu same anything else so long as a mobo is not bad as then its time for sandy bridge

just want to make sure i have all my eggs in 1 basket before i go shopping for a xmas gift or worse the wife goes and gets me something last year she got me sli 460's have the old 260's in the closet still. in other ideas will plug one of those in and test the pc to see if it might be the vid card just for good measure

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In the Bios is there a setting for IRQ management ? Usually the choice is let Bios or OS manage it.
Setting it to use the OS might stop those errors showing up.
Not a fix as such but if it works ok in Windows already I would try it, should at least speed up the boot if it works. .

jmw1084

tried a my old gtx 260 no change, tried the mannually set irq in bios

with manually set irq value avg post increased 3 seconds to an average of 7-8 seconds to post from power on to were bios reads the cpu information and then starts the memory test if enabled. after all testing my conclusion is motherboard had power surge during or just before my old psu went out taking either the chipset or another part of the motherboard with it to a point that it didnt let the smoke out but enough to cause intermittant os issues and slow post and boot times thank you for your time managed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online