1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Falcon_2112, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Falcon_2112

Falcon_2112 Thread Starter

I Have ABERDEEN tower with 300watt power supply, Asus A7V133-C MB, AMD Duron 1300 processor that I just installed and I can't get it to boot-up. No beep and video will not display anything. When I first Installed and turned on, I paused the machine when it showed info screen to make sure all was well. It showed Processor, Hard drive, ram checked ok, all seemed fine so I hit enter to continue. At that point it opened a BIOS screen and I'm not sure why or what it said but I escaped out of it and it asked if I wanted to SAVE AND EXIT and I hit yes, that is when it went blank and will not reboot.

I have tried power down and reboot with nothing. It almost seems as though the bios has been disabled. I tried shutting down, taking coin battery out and rebooting and still nothing.

Sorry such long winded post I am just not sure what I have done or what to do next. I took Processor out and powered on the motherboard and it did give me a no processor beep sequence.
    Reinstalled processor and no beeps or boot-up.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

2. dai

dai

check the fan is operating on your cpu
    if you have an award or phoenix bios press the insert key and hold it down and turn on the computer while still holding it down

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    1. Reset the BIOS using the Clear CMOS jumper.
    2. Reseat the RAM and Video Card
    3. Remove everything except the CPU, Heatsink/fan, 1 Stick of RAM - no drives or extra cards
    4. Remove the Motherboard and set it up on an antistatic surface with only the components mentioned above and try booting.
    5. Try another Powersupply.

4. Falcon_2112

Triple6, Thank You....
    This is great advise and am willing to do it all but please be patient with me.......

1. How do I reset BIOS using the Clear CMOS jumper?

2. ARE YOU SERIOUS! Lay the MB on the Table?(wooden table be an antistatic surface?)

3. OK, sounds GREAT! Now let me get it straight.
    Remove MB and leave CPU, Heatsink/fan with 1 stick RAM and video card? Have power supply sitting next to MB and hook up accordingly? Wow...my wife will think I'm nuts.

This is a 3rd computer I'm trying to set up for my kid so I am willing to try anything.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yup, many people set the mobo up on top of the Motherboard Box - this avoids any possible shorting. Its also easy to see everything - ie jumpers, fans, etc.

In your motherboard manual, it should tell you which pins to use to clear the CMOS. Normally, when you receive a new mobo, it's in the Clear position and has to be moved to the Normal position. Usually its 3 pins with a jumper on 2 of them. You move the jumper to the clear position for a few seconds to clear the CMOS, then put it back to normal before booting up.

6. Falcon_2112

Thanks!! That did it!
    Had to figure out what would clear cmos, and that took care of it.

Thanks again!!:D :D :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice