1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the_man550, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_man550

the_man550 Thread Starter

Hi there again...

New trouble :p

My old computer (quick speccs: Athlon 1.4ghz, 512mb 99mhz RAM, geforce3 200 Ti 64mb)has began with not booting at all.

Just suddenly, when I took a break from building my new one (-.-) I tried to boot it, but it seems like the HDD is gone baby gone (broken).

The message I get is the usual one:

Verifying DMI Pool data ........
    Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM : Failure ...
    Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM : Failure ...
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

The computer is 8 years old, so it's not the monster it was when I bought it xD

I have some data on the hard drive which I'd like to have on my new one, and also I don't think it's ready for the scrapyard yet :p

I've never had a single problem with it before, not hardware nor software.

It's probably because it's old...but if someone knows anything I can do, please :O

EDIT: tried again, and this time a new message:
    Updating ESCD ... Success (yehay =)
    Verifying Pool Data ...............
    (yes, there was an empty line here)
    *Ett diskläsfel uppstod
    Tryck ned Ctrl+Alt+Del för omstart*

*A ^diskfaulth^ occurred
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del for reboot*

^Dunno any better translation for that word, sry^

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

You can attempt to slave the old hd into your new pc and recover the files you wanted. It really depends on how "dead" the drive is. Just try reseating connections on the old machine first

3. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

If you have a Windows CD then boot to it, open recovery console and run chkdsk /r.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice