1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roderickedric, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roderickedric

roderickedric Thread Starter

My computer Compaq Presario CQ3030IL does not start up. When I pres the power button the power gets on and the fan starts to run, the screen of the LCD monitor displays the message “Check the Video Cable” and goes to the sleep mode. It keeps on running and does not shut down. I have replaced the RAM, monitor and also the display cable but the problem remains as it is. Please Help!!!!

2. gyclone

gyclone

It sounds to me like the computer is probably booting fine, there just isn't any video getting to the monitor.

Many computers have multiple ports that will accept a monitor plug, but only one of those ports may be set up to actually be used with a monitor. If your computer has more than one such port, try the other port(s).

If you have a different computer in the house, plug your monitor into that computer and see if it works. If it does, then the problem must be with your computer. If the monitor won't work on either computer, then the problem is with the monitor.

Blow canned air across all the ports and the ends of the cables, too, it could be something as simple as dust; really, it could.

Also, if you have another computer and the malfunctioning one is set to Allow Remote Connections, then you can log into the malfunctioning computer from the other one, so you'll be able to see what should be on the screen and be able to make changes.

Let us know if you're able to test with another computer, otherwise, it's going to be really tough for anyone to help you, since you can't really do anything when you can't see the display, as you well know.

3. roderickedric

roderickedric Thread Starter

Thanks for your valuable advise I have tried replacing the monitor and data cable but it did not help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice