1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"No bootable device found. Insert system disk and press Enter"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chiru, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chiru

chiru Thread Starter

I have given my 40GB ATA HDD to my friend to fetch some movies he has got in his 160GB SATA HDD. He configured my HDD as secondary master and copied all the movies to mine. Later he removed my HDD and rebooted the system to find that his HDD isn't booting up. He says that his HDD isn't being detected in the BIOS. The well known error message "No bootable device found. Insert system disk and press Enter" appears every time he tries to boot his system. What can the solution other than formatting?? ( Formatting isn't favourable as there is critical data in the HDD).
    Please help me..

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy chiru...

If it isn't being detected by the BIOS, if it were mine I'd first check the connections/cables...

3. chiru

chiru Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll ask him if he has done it or not but it is only my drive that he has connected and did not touch his drive so I assume his drive connections would be the same as before. Is there any other possible problem that I should consider?

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Well...

Other than a bad drive/SATA controller...No...

What could have happened is when your friend disconnected your drive he moved/caused a bad connection to the cable connections to his drive ( it's only a guess )...

5. chiru

chiru Thread Starter

hmm.. i'll ask him that too. Thanks for responding.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice