No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Michael-

"No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I get that error message on this laptop, Model: Compaq Presario CQ60 Windows Vista Home 32-bit

That error happened two days ago, I backed up my files, did a system restore, same issue.

I can use the OS though... I have to boot it with Super Grub.. otherwise it wont start up

it is not trying to boot from the network or anything else, I've made sure it was trying to boot from HDD and still same issue.

The hard drive is not defected as it has the OS installed and I can log on to it and use the programs in the laptop.

I dont mind using Super Grub everytime I turn on my computer but it will get annoying in the future

at the moment I am trying to use a repair using a windows vista repair cd.. its asking for my product key before it continues.. problem is the key is faded.. so we'll see if that works..

any help will be appreciated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online