1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no c: prompt

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by bristol lady, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bristol lady

bristol lady Thread Starter

dos 6.22 486 .config sys error 4 lines lost c: prompt won't let me in no mouse no sound ready to file computer in g-bin

2. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

if you have a bootable diskette you could check in your root directory for a config.sys back up, usually a few laying around- config.bak, config.old or similar. A start anyway.

Good luck

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

<HR><MARQUEE><B><I><FONT COLOR="FF0000" SIZE=+3>Welcome to TSG!</MARQUEE></B></I></FONT><HR><P>

If you don't have a backup copy of your config.sys, try renaming config.sys to config.old and rebooting WITHOUT config.sys. You can then create a new config.sys to load whatever drivers you need...

4. Dan O

Dan O

If you need a boot diskette goto: www.bootdisk.com

Once you can boot post your AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files contents, maybe we will see the problem and can suggest a fix.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice