1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No CD Burn

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkMan_X, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

I shall start by stating my sys:

AMD K6-2 400Mhz
    192MB PC133 SDRAM
    Ricoh MP7040A CD-R/RW
    Windows 98 (Not SE)

Well, that should be enough. Anyways, until a month ago, my CD burner was burning fine. Sure there were the occasional coasters, but then it stopped burning and I'd always get errors. Then one day I tried to start my Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 and I got an error (something about not being able to initialize the engine). So I'm using my previous software (Adaptec Easy CD Pro). My burner is still giving me these stupid buffer-underrun errors. I've shut down all other programs, not touched my mouse, and disconnected myself from the network to no avail. I've even tried it after doing that at 1x. I can't figure out why data is all of a sudden not getting to the burner. Sorry if this has been talked about, but I'm in a hurry right now. Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

First, look at your system resources, especially har ddrive space. If the drive has low space it will deffinately give you trouble. Next, try putting your burner on a seperate IDE channel from your C: drive. Try going into the system applet in control panel and go to device manager and double click the CD-ROM icon or click the + next to it. Double click the CD-RW and toggle the DMA setting and try burning again.

3. DarkMan_X

DarkMan_X Thread Starter

same errors keep on happening

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!