1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No clue what to do Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xclue, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xclue

xclue Thread Starter

Would someone be able to remote access my laptop.
    Afraid I may loose all my pcitures etc.

1) Windows update fails over and over
    2) Action Center and Windows Defender wont turn on
    3) Then a friend said to partition my hard drive into 2 and move my pics, n poems to the new drive.
    (The new drive is almost full)
    4) Those files were not exactly moved but copied
    5) started to delete the older version files and realized not everything was moved
    6) I pushed some past date recovery
    7) Created an Admin, removed an admin
    8) SCF Scan here and there
    9) Finally Service component restructuring
    10) Now I can here my fan.

I'm going to have to pay someone

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3834 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 353687 MB, Free - 76921 MB; D: Total - 113643 MB, Free - 52979 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

2. xclue

xclue Thread Starter

opps no remote service

aaaaaand I probably have viruses

3. AtlBo

AtlBo

xclue...

Sounds like you have been in a fight with a grizzly bear. I think everyone knows what it's like lol...

First, there are some things I feel like you might want to consider thinking through before you go to tackling all of your problems. Just some questions:

1. Do you have an installation disk for your version of Windows 7? You can burn one for free using this .iso for Windows 7 Home 64 bit here:

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

This will give you a leg up on future problems, and it's a very good place to start if you don't have one already.

2. Do you have any form of external storage? As many files as you have you would do very well to have a clear strategy for backing up your files. Keeping them on a partition is a solid idea, but they should still be backed up, because hard drives can fail mechanically (rather than on the disk surface) making data rescue extremely expensive or impossible. A USB backup drive is a big relief to have or one that is installed inside the PC, either way (or better yet both).

3. See what you did, but could you explain a little bit more in detail what you are having trouble with at the present time? If you could create a short list of problems that might help.

One of the full time techs will be around soon. Just some things to hopefully help you get your situation organized in your head a little bit. It can happen fast for things to go wrong with PCs...

4. xclue

xclue Thread Starter

Thank you very much.
    I am extremely greatful for your time and knowledge

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice