1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Clue What's Wrong

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dazed_N_Confused, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dazed_N_Confused

Dazed_N_Confused Thread Starter

My Apple laptop will not come on. When I say won't come on, I mean, the power comes on, but nothing happens. The system/screen/I'm not sure freezes during start up. I had the problem before, took my computer to the 'Apple Store' and they fixed it for about $1200, but didn't tell me what had been wrong. I took it home, and the problem started again almost immediately! On a less severe scale, but it soon went downhill and is now to the point where it won't come on again. Does anyone have any clue what's wrong with it? I have another laptop now, but I have a LOT of music on my Apple, and once I was confident with all my fav. tracks on it, I threw my cds away! Also, I started a book on it, and I'm out of about 200 pages of amateur writing.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

You can take the HDD out and put it in a case(called Enclosures) and download it through USB to your working laptop....that is if the HDD is not faulty...

3. Dazed_N_Confused

what's an "HDD"? I suddenly feel especially clueless.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Sorry HDD = Hard drive

5. Dazed_N_Confused

how would i go about getting that out of my laptop, exactly, and once out, what would i do with it? also, what does it look like?

6. bonk

bonk Banned

7. Dazed_N_Confused

that sounds easy to mess up. . . i suppose i'll just bid the music on my apple farewell and adjust to my dell. thanks for your help, though,i appreciate it.

8. Drew7997

Drew7997

send the laptop to me i'll get your music and book off of it, Lol.

how long has it been since you fixed it?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice