1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no color in PowerDVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by steveb1492, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steveb1492

steveb1492 Thread Starter

I am using powerDVD 6 on a PIII 900 mhz computer (384mb RAM, 40gb hdd, fx5200 video card). Problem is that it displays DVDs only in B&W. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Anyone have any ideas? My only thought is that the DVD drive in the computer is just too old (circa 1998-1999). Could it also be some form of copy protection (I am using a TV as this computer's monitor (via S-Video Out)

2. zyper95

zyper95

Have you check the setting of your PowerDVD? You could also try checking the connection from your pc to your tv that it is plug in properly.

3. steveb1492

steveb1492 Thread Starter

The s-video cable should be fine, as I see color for everything else other tha n playing DVD's. The color settings in PowerDVD seem to do nothing to actually adjust the picture Any other ideas??? VLC has the same problem (but it might be using the same decoder)

4. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

since ur seeing color on everything but a dvd, it does sound like a codec issue. might try dl a codec pack & give it a try! can be found on majorgeeks or filehippo.com :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!