1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No connection on ipv4 and ipv 6

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jeffd32053, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeffd32053

jeffd32053 Thread Starter

I can not connect to the hot spot on my computer via my phone. I can connect to other devices with my phone's hot spot. When I connect it to my laptop, it says No Internet, secured. It also says not no Internet access for IPv4 and IPv6. I've tried everything on the command prompt and uninstalled and reinstalled the network driver. I can connect to the wifi at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Let me get this right. You set your phone up as a personal hotspot and the computer can not connect? Not via wifi nor, if available, Bluetooth? Yet, othr devices can connect to the saame hotspot?

What type of phone and OS, which type of computer and its OS? Which type of security do you use when trying to create the connection?

Have you deleted the Personal hotspot, recreated it and tried?

Or am I getting this wrong and the hotspot in on a Laptop and the phone can't connect? Either way, please answer the question regarding exuipment ond OS'

3. jeffd32053

That is correct. The phone is an android and the laptop is Windows 10. I did uninstall and recreate the hot spot and got the same issue.

4. jeffd32053

I can access the internet through Wi-Fi just not the mobile hotspot.

5. vvsr95

vvsr95

Try to see your settings in PC using (ipconfig) after connection to hotspot in no internet connection stage . the second step is to ping your ip , dns ip,gate way ip all one by one using command prompt . In my earlier case i am able to ping everything except my dns so i set up the dns manually (8.8.8.8-Google dns) and things work out for me

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice