No connection through router after DNS change

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

D33z

Hi,

to make a long story short. I recently heard about Quad 9.9.9.9 so, I tried to follow a tutorial to have my DNS modified.

I removed what the original value was and entered the Quad DNS.

Now I can not gain access to the internet.
I have internet, and my other devices can connect through the Wifi just not the laptop I initially used.

I have tried a number of things.

ipconfig release, renew etc. But this doesn’t resolve the issue and I get the can not be performed as they are disconnected response.

I have reset my router, tried Netsh, still nothing is working.

I have also reset network settings.
I really need help here please, do not be afraid to mention steps I have already tried because I would rather try again the rip my last 3 strains of hair out!

I am using Windows 10. I have a free VPN which I am using but I have no remote users or sharing or anything complex like that.

I am not an IT professional just learning so this has me stumped.

Check that your firewall rules for Core Networking - DNS outbound has not be set to use your previous DNS server.

D33z

I have been trying to but now I do not know how. Would you be able to provide a few steps if possible.

I have also tried deactivating my firewall to see if it made a difference and it didn’t.

I have now entered the IP and DNS from my ISP but still can not get through.

On Wireshark no interfaces can be found all of a sudden which must be related.

I found out that if I have my VPN on I can go online but once it is off, I can not.

Sorry for the essay but trying to give as much information as possible.

D33z

I can still only connect through VPN. I tried this early.

I’ve tried IPCONFIG
WINSOCK
reset network settings

I can connect fine one my mobile though.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please run IPCONFIG /ALL and under the Wireless section tell us what it shows for :-
Default Gateway
DHCP Server
DNS Servers

D33z

All of a sudden it has just decided to work by itself and I am not sure if the issue is fixed. I will have to see in the morning.

Do you need to actually output? It has now gone to what appears to be the default but before it was blank.

Is it possible I have a security breach?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online