Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No connection through router after DNS change

693 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  D33z 
#1 ·
Hi,

to make a long story short. I recently heard about Quad 9.9.9.9 so, I tried to follow a tutorial to have my DNS modified.

I removed what the original value was and entered the Quad DNS.

Now I can not gain access to the internet.
I have internet, and my other devices can connect through the Wifi just not the laptop I initially used.

I have tried a number of things.

ipconfig release, renew etc. But this doesn’t resolve the issue and I get the can not be performed as they are disconnected response.

I have reset my router, tried Netsh, still nothing is working.

I have also reset network settings.
I really need help here please, do not be afraid to mention steps I have already tried because I would rather try again the rip my last 3 strains of hair out!

I am using Windows 10. I have a free VPN which I am using but I have no remote users or sharing or anything complex like that.

I am not an IT professional just learning so this has me stumped.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have been trying to but now I do not know how. Would you be able to provide a few steps if possible.

I have also tried deactivating my firewall to see if it made a difference and it didn’t.

I have now entered the IP and DNS from my ISP but still can not get through.

On Wireshark no interfaces can be found all of a sudden which must be related.

I found out that if I have my VPN on I can go online but once it is off, I can not.

Sorry for the essay but trying to give as much information as possible.

#4 ·
#7 ·
All of a sudden it has just decided to work by itself and I am not sure if the issue is fixed. I will have to see in the morning.

Do you need to actually output? It has now gone to what appears to be the default but before it was blank.

Is it possible I have a security breach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.