1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gastellum27, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastellum27

gastellum27 Thread Starter

I connect through a local area network for server based email and internet connection. Normally, you can have internet access without access to email. However, I have email access and no access to the internet. I ensured all settings were identical between two PCs, ran regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and ensured TCP/IP settings were configured. I uninstalled internet explorer and reinstalled. The only other option given to me was reimage with new install. I still have no internet connection. Any help?

2. tnik

tnik

lets do a quick test. try pointing the browser to this 24.137.12.200 if the page comes up it is a DNS error... post back with the results..

This LAN you have, is it just 2 computers and one server? or many computers? if addresses are asigned by DHCP, maybe you have 2 computers on the same network trying to use the same IP address.. This is very difficult to try to troubleshoot with little information. lol.. Post back with info on how many computers are on the LAN, what type of server(s) reach the internet, routers, switches, whatever you may have..

3. gastellum27

gastellum27 Thread Starter

I went to the command prompt and released the IP address and restarted the computer. Everything is working. Thanks for the help. As soon as you made the recommedation I realized I hadn't try that solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!