1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Connections since going wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RobMidas, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobMidas

RobMidas Thread Starter

Hello Tech Guys

Ok i have an existing setup downstairs consisting of one PC with a standard virgin media broadband modem on the 10mb package -Ill call this PC1. Ive recently bought another pc for upstairs (PC2) and iv dug up a netgear wireless modem/router (which came with 1st PC but never used it) which iv attached to my existing modem downstairs and using the disc that came with the wireless modem i installed it on PC 1.

I got a wireless adapter and installed it onto PC2, plugged it in and it works fine.

I play IL2 online with no problems connecting to other servers.

But when i try to play football manager online as i have done for years dowstairs on pc1, and it wont let me connect to other games or let them connect to me !

Also in hamachi a friend told me i have a warning triangle next to my virtual ip address so i know something isnt quite right

Any help please ???

Ive allowed the game through firewall and all the usual steps

i think this is a case of two modems confusing any incomings and outgoings

Thats as far as my tech knowledge goes im afraid.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice