No Date and Time map in XP2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ibizaboy

I am having trouble setting my laptop so the date and time read minus 05.00 GMT automatically from date and time in SP2. When I open date and time, there is no -05.00 only goes as far as minus 04.60 and straight to minus 06.00, No setting for New York or Canada. Also the drop down map in date and time has nothing on it, by this I mean the map that shows when you are trying to change the time, it is in blue an green, Is there anyone who can help me? Is it possible to download the files for date and time for xp2?

Have you installed all updates for XP? And are you logged into an account with administrator priviledges? And did you click the clock on the toolbar to open the Date and Time Properties dialog box, click the Time Zone Tab, then search for the correct zone in the pulldown menu?

You want to look for "(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)".

Ibizaboy

Hi Curly, I have done all of that, the problem is in the pull down menu there is no map on ly a blue screen with a touch of green in it. I am logged on as administrator, There is no GMT -05:00 Eastern Time (US Canada) in the drop down screen. It has gone from the list. How do I get it back?

Thank you.

Honestly I do not know. I have never seen this issue with any XP machine that has all updates applied. There was a time zone update some time ago. But if you applied it, I do not know how to proceed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online