1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Desktop Wallpaper??

Discussion in 'Archive: Windows NT/2000/XP' started by Weileder, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weileder

Weileder Thread Starter

Sep 13, 2008
    It's been a while, and have been trying to figure out what happened ever since. My PC just quit letting have a wallpaper on our desktop. Even if we download a theme, the rest of the theme will work except the wallpaper. If we go to desktop properties under display, the word background is not black, it's neutral colored. I can scroll the list of available wallpapers, but it won't let me click one. I can only change the color of my background. I have had a boring solid color background for over a year, and I really would like to fix it. I think it may have been caused by a bad theme we tried to download from a new site. It was spiderman and when I got done it never worked. Shortly thereafter is when the backgrounds went away all together. I've searched for answers to this question before, and it seems like no one has heard of it. Except one guy told me I have a false desktop and need to just delete my whole hard drive!!:(
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749585