No Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pizza_sleek

When I start up my computer all it displays is the background and the cursor. I have rebooted it heaps and still nothing. It won't display a desktop! When I press ctrl+alt+del it does not say i have explorer open! please help! i have a pentium 3 and windows me

Try right clicking the Desktop then click on Active Desktop and then click Show Desktop Icons.

Hope this works.

Bryan

Bryan
And if that doesn't work, try restoring a registry copy dated the first day you got the empty Desktop. Here's how to do a registry restore with Windows ME,

Power down the PC, insert the Windows ME Boot Diskette in the floppy drive and power on the PC. It should boot to a boot menu. Take the option for "Minimal Boot". Once you have an a:\> prompt type in the following command and press enter.

scanreg /restore

Now use the Up/Down Arrow keys to highlight the registry backup dated the day you first got the empty Desktop at startup and press enter to restore it.

Let us know what happens.

Do you mean the first day before the lost desktop? (last day of regular desktop) To me I would think restoring to the exact registry would have the same problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online