No device detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pc_loser

When trying to use Media Player to copy music to a recordable cd, I get the message "No device detected." And yet when I went through the troubleshooter, it said the burner was working properly.

I imagine this would also prevent me from saving some of my digital pictures to disk.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance. You guys have helped me immensely in the past.

pc_loser

Thanks for your replies. We figured out that the problem was with the burner. We took it to our techie and he said it was ancient. I guess it was ancient when we bought the computer second hand. Anyway, we picked up another burner but haven't installed it because apparently we have the wrong cable. But the techie will fix us up with the right one.

Looking forward to burning...

Thanks again guys!

pc_loser

Yup, it was the burner all right. Everything is running smoothly now. Nice to know it wasn't something stupid we were doing.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online