1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No direct input under fresh WinME install??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sodsto, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sodsto

sodsto Thread Starter

Having just performed a fresh install of WinME and then DirectX 8.0a, I thought everything would be fine and dandy, but it was not to be.

Direct X doesnt appear to have included any Direct Input drivers, confirmed using 'dxdiag'. Using the mouse in directx games is particularly sluggish.

Iv never had this problem under ME or 95 before, and only started experiencing the problem when I started using XP (and XP was so unstable I reformatted and reinstalled ME, but directX did the same again).

Any ideas how I get it to work?? Its a Logitech Pilot Wheel mouse...

Cheers,
    Stween.

2. brianF

brianF

3. sodsto

sodsto Thread Starter

Yeah i have the latest mouseware software from logitech. Iv tried running with this installed and without it installed.

However, the device manager lists my mouse as "Mousewheel (PS/2", and im sure it used to actually specify logitech.

im confused :) Windows 95 was easier, at least then you could do what you wanted and not what windows wanted :)

Stween

4. sodsto

sodsto Thread Starter

Ok, i have now re-reinstalled winME, and then installed mouse drivers, and THEN installed dx8.0, and STILL directinput refuses to acknowledge the fact i have a mouse.

This is pissing me off now! It always worked perfectly before. I have thought it might be the fact that I was running the mouse off a serial port with an adapter before, but it did work fine on my new install on my athlon a few months ago.

Why on earth is direct x suddenly acting up like this?? Im doing nothing different than before!!

Stween

5. sodsto

sodsto Thread Starter

I hate to be *really* annoying (and i know i am being *really* annoying by posting a fourth time to this thread), but SOMEBODY must have half an idea what is up with directx??

Please, please can someone at least give me a few suggestions coz iv run out of things to try....

Stween

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice