1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no disks reserved for raid use Raid disabled - Raid 1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cmilan, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmilan

cmilan Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm very new to Raid, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance here. I'm using an HP pavilion p6210Y with 2x 2TB, WD Caviar Green's trying to set up a raid 1 array. I've reached the Nvidia raid array setup utility, and it appears I have successfully loaded the raid drivers.

After doing this, I inserted my Windows 7 x64 home premium install disc, and it sat on "Detecting storage devices...". After a few minutes of this, I was presented with an Error stating "No disks reserved for raid use, raid disabled." Then shortly after, switches to a message stating: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

I'm now unable to reach the Nvidia Raid setup, and unable to load the windows disc.

I'm certain the CD drive is good, as it works fine in another computer.

BIOS:
    Mediashield ROM BIOS 10.0.0.28 RPT
    Copyright (C) 2009 NVIDIA Corp.

If someone would know what to do from here, please share your knowledge.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have Windows on the drive now? How did you load the drivers? Drivers won't function without an operating system, so I'm a little confused about exactly what you did.

How did you run the setup utility? Does your machine support hardware RAID or are you using software RAID? Are there RAID settings in BIOS?

3. cmilan

cmilan Thread Starter

No, there is no OS loaded on the drive yet. I started with 2, unformatted drives. Connected them to the system via the onboard Sata connections on the motherboard, and enabled RAID in the BIOS. From there, the machine rebooted, and prompted me to press "CTRL + N" to load RAID drivers.

Within this raid setup utility, I selected the 2 drives in a mirror pattern (HP doesn't call it raid1), and chose to configure the raid array. The machine rebooted again, and then presented me with the error stated in my original post.

I hope this clears things up, as I'm at a total loss

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice