1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No display after restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theduke12, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theduke12

theduke12 Thread Starter

Hi,hope you are well.
    Ok my HP Pavilion Slimline S3644 stopped work a while back when i was useing it the psu give up, so hve now got a new one but theres no display on moniter when i turn it on it just says no signal. the computer is on the fans are going the light is on if i plug a mouse in it it lights up. Ive tried the moniter on a other computer useing same lead and its fine.
    So does anyone know how i could get the display back on.
    Thank you.

2. replay

replay

U got a new one? Is that a new computer or a new power supply?
    Did u make sure u connected all power cables to the mother board?? (2of them). That's if it's a new psu

3. theduke12

theduke12 Thread Starter

A new psu, I think I've got it right there was a cable with lots of holes which I plugged straight into Mother board and one which I put in back of hard drive, the only other one which I'm not useing is the same as one in hard drive. Cheers

4. replay

replay

What about the 4. Pin power plug near the cpu??

5. theduke12

theduke12 Thread Starter

The psu only has 3 cables coming off it 2 power ones and the one which goes into mother board. The new psu is just the same as the old one.

6. replay

replay

Yes u are right......... Remove the power plug.......then take out the memory and reinstall it

7. theduke12

theduke12 Thread Starter

I have ended up changing to a different monitor and it works not sure why as all my other computers worked on it. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice