No display after some changes in BIOS

Solved 
973 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I changed to legacy enabled on my diebold icore5 bois now there is no display

#2 ·
Hello, Tjaart, and welcome to TSG.

diebold icore5 bois
Did you mean to say BIOS instead of "bois"?

Are you referring to some model of a Diebold-Nixdorf Point-Of-Sale (POS) terminal that happens to use some version of MS-Windows for the operating system? If so, please tell us the model name/number of the terminal and the operating system being used.

Assuming my assumptions above are correct ...

Was the previous BIOS boot setting UEFI and you changed it to Legacy? Did you change it to UEFI and Legacy -or- just legacy? What was your goal in changing the setting?

Did you make any other changes in the BIOS settings?

Does anything show on the screen when you first turn on the terminal that would allow you to view and edit the BIOS settings? If so, can you undo your changes?

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello, Tjaart, and welcome to TSG.

Did you mean to say BIOS instead of "bois"?

Are you referring to some model of a Diebold-Nixdorf Point-Of-Sale (POS) terminal that happens to use some version of MS-Windows for the operating system? If so, please tell us the model name/number of the terminal and the operating system being used.

Assuming my assumptions above are correct ...

Was the previous BIOS boot setting UEFI and you changed it to Legacy? Did you change it to UEFI and Legacy -or- just legacy? What was your goal in changing the setting?

Did you make any other changes in the BIOS settings?

Does anything show on the screen when you first turn on the terminal that would allow you to view and edit the BIOS settings? If so, can you undo your changes?
Hey I mean BIOS yes I changed it to legacy I think it was on UEFI it is not a pos it is just normal core i5 desktop with win 10 pro I did not change any thing els in the BIOS I did try reseting BOIS by removing battery did not work dit clear cmos that also did not work I have no display as in no signal tryed 2 different monitors 2 different gpu same thing no display so I can't even get in BIOS to change it back to default[/QUOTE]

#4 ·
If Windows 10 Pro was installed with the BIOS already set on UEFI, then you decided to change the BIOS to Legacy and save the change and exit, the computer will not boot and load Windows 10 Pro.

You can try changing the BIOS back to UEFI and then save the change and exit, but I doubt it will resolve the issue.

You may have to do a re-install of Windows 10 Pro.

--------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
If Windows 10 Pro was installed with the BIOS already set on UEFI, then you changed the BIOS to Legacy and then saved the change and then exited, the computer will not boot and load Windows 10 Pro.

You can try resetting the BIOS to UEFI and then saving the change and then exiting, but I have doubts it will resolve the issue.

You may have to do a re-install of Windows 10 Pro.

I have no display so I can't get to BIOS

#6 ·
If you have a dedicated graphics card installed, remove it, then connect the monitor to the integrated graphics port.
Make sure the monitor is turned on before you start the computer.
Let us know if that allowed you to access the BIOS.

------------------------------------------------

#9 ·
It looks like you're going to need a VGA-To-HDMI adapter cable.
I've never used one, so I don't know how well they work.

Yip I know that hoped there is another way what if the vga also gives me no display input, I know it's not ram problem cause I get one short beep when booting up just no display

#10 ·
At this point, I've given you all the advice that I can.
Someone else here with more expertise than me will need to help you.

I learned a long ago to purchase a monitor that has the video ports that I may need.
I also learned to have different type (VGA, HDMI, DVI) video cables available, just in case I have to switch from one to another.

-------------------------------------------------

#13 ·
It would really help if you posted your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact video card, etc.
If you are not getting a display during POST ie motherboard splash screen, the problem does not have anything to do with windows installed in uefi or legacy mode. With all of the messing around with the bios, you may have corrupted the bios. Try the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the back of the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
3 Remove the cmos battery. Now clear cmos with the clear pins/jumpers. Old motherboards use three pins and a jumper. More modern boards use two pins that you short with a small screwdriver. Since you have not posted specs, I have no idea which one you have; read your motherboard manual as to the location of the pins or pins and jumper
4 Now replace cmos battery. Replace the pw cord. If you have a jumper you moved, make sure it is back in the correct position
5 Pw ON and see if you get a display

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.