1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Display, computer wont start up!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skywalka, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skywalka

skywalka Thread Starter

before this happened ive noticed a few weird things when turnign on my computer.
    when i push the buttons i can hear the fans and everything go on, for a second, then it turns off, than turns back on
    than when its loading(before going on xp)
    its said something about overclocking failed
    do i want to go back to settings
    or continue with default

i chose default, than after that everything went normal, turned off my computer...and i couldnt start it up again

wheni push the buttons theres nothing on the sceen, i can hear the fans,
    but there isnt that BEEP sound that i usually hear when i start it up.
    the screen is all black, i cant even go into bios.

so i gave it in to repair, they fixed it, said somehting "ROM" n "flash" :confused: cant remember

the computer worked for a few times, than the samething happened, no display... im pretty sure its not the monitor.

anyone know whats wrong,how do i fix it?
    i think i have the same problem with this guy..
    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/257759-pc-wont-start-up-literally.html

2. Carldica

Carldica

have u tried to return the clocking setting to factory setting?

3. skywalka

skywalka Thread Starter

i cant even do anything with my computer.
    it wont start up!

4. Carldica

Carldica

try to take away your memory and or processor <do it one by one>, if still no long BEEP sound <for the memory> and or the BEEP....BEEP....BEEP sound <for the processor>, it means that your mobo is dead.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Look on the motherboard and you will see a small watch battery. Carefully pull it out and leave it out for 5 minutes, now try booting again after putting it back.

6. stephencc

stephencc

Do what Rich said, remove the little silver battery (CMOS BATTERY). This will reset your BIOS settings to factory, you need to go into your bios and check to make sure that everything is set to factory and not overclocked. This kind of thing can happen if a CPU is overclocked too far, causing your computer to not boot.

7. skywalka

skywalka Thread Starter

i never over clocked it before

alright i found a short term fix for this....
    i havnt tried takin the battery out yet

but each time theres no display. i turn off the power, pull the plug , than press power switch a couple times, wait, than plugit back in, than it works fine! :s

but than same thing happens again next time i start the comp
    so i hav to do the exact same thign again

does anyone know what wrong now?
    other people wiht teh same motherboard with me seems to have the same problem, "asus p5k delux"

i have a feeling it got to do with something with the bios and a recent windows update? maybe i wrong

should i update my bios?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/722064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice