No display during POST until XP loads up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aadilirfan

Hello everyone

A friend of mine is having a netbook with windows xp. However, the system doesnt show any display on the LCD screen until windows logo comes up (he can see the XP logo screen and everything else that comes after it). Cant see ACER logo, and not even the BIOS. Checked with an external monitor, getting all display perfectly with external monitor, even BIOS, but no display in LCD screen till XP logo. also tried toggling the display, no go

As part of troubleshooting, did full factory recovery and also tried BIOS flash,

Any suggestions, or solutions please let me know . Its urgent

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Is it less then a year old? If so contact Acer for warranty support and/or service. There was another user here with the same issue.

aadilirfan

Is it less then a year old? If so contact Acer for warranty support and/or service. There was another user here with the same issue.
Well, we did. However, the suspect that the video card is having the issue since, by default the external out is made the default display. when the windows drivers are loaded, the LCD screen comes to life. Anyone has any ideas on this issue, please do let me know

Bruce

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Right...if the video card is having issue then you need to replace the motherboard - through Acer. I don't understand why people ask about warranties when buying products and then don't use them, the warranty is there to save you the hundreds of dollars to replace the motherboard out of your pocket.

aadilirfan

Hey man, I just wanted to know the cause of the issue, I know what to do with warranty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts