1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no display from PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave6858, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dave6858

dave6858 Thread Starter

A pc running XP has stopped working,it starts ok (I can hear the fan and see lights come on)but there is no display or beeps from it.I cant ping,or remote control it but there are lights indicating network activity.Any ideas?
    Regards
    Dave

2. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

Try unplugging all unnessecary devices, also try a different monitor.

3. dave6858

dave6858 Thread Starter

tried new monitor,no luck.what unnessary devices should I disconnect?

4. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

Printers, USB controllers, MP3 players etc. Anything apart from a keyboard and mouse outside, also have just the HDD, graphics card and RAM connected inside.

5. vicks

vicks

First of all, make sure all cables are correctly connected. Then..

Right click on my computer. click on properties>hardware>device manager. Is there a yellow ! there? if so right click on it, select properties, update driver. I suspicion that your video card may be going bad, but try this . you could run the trouble shooter too.

6. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

If you've tried another monitor with the PC and still get no signal, then it's time to check the connections and then the video card.
    1. Disconnect all cables and plug them in again. Make sure all the cables are firmly connected. If no luck.. go to step 2.
    2. Disconnect all cables, open up the PC, and remove the video card from the slot. Clean the video card slot and video card of any dust/debris and reinstall. If still no luck.. go to step 3.
    3. Time to get a "known working" video card to use for testing the PC. If this "new" video card still doesn't work then there's something wrong with the MB.

7. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

It's kinda hard for him to do that when he can't get a picture on his screen... ;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice