1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No display on monitor after bios start.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saghlam, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saghlam

saghlam Thread Starter

When I turn on the computer, bios screen appears (white writings on black screen) Ram is Ok, CPU is ok, HDD is ok. But then display gets lost and all I have is a black screen. (On the computer, harddisk light is on meaning it is working i guess).

My system is as follows:
    - Windows XP SP2
    - Intel P4 E2180 Dual 2.0GHz 800MHz 1MB 64BIT
    - P4M900M DDR2 VGA+LAN+SATA 16X 775p
    - 2x1 GB DDR2 667 MHz Dual
    - 512 MB Gforce 7200 GS 128 BIT PCX16

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see if you could bypass the screen? Jazz

3. saghlam

saghlam Thread Starter

All I can get is pressing "Delete" and entering BIOS setup. Can I boot into safe mode from there?

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

You should tap on F8 on bootup. Don't wait until you hit the black screen. If you can't get past the black screen - put your OS CD in and see if you can boot from that. Jazz

5. saghlam

saghlam Thread Starter

I get the "Press any key to boot from CD" warning, I press any key and black screen comes back.

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

Can you forget the black screen just a moment a focus on what's happening inside your case? Is the system booting up at all. The fans all moving including the one located on your CPU? Is your hard drive moving? Very important step. Jazz

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice