No display on monitor but monitor does work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fenella

Please help me!

i just installed a dvd burner. When I went to turn on the computer, the computer turns on and it beeps, but the nothing is on the monitor. I tried the monitor on another computer and it works. I disconnected the dvd burner and still nothing. The computer sounds like everything is working, but just nothing on the screen.

Can anyone suggest anything???

Check to make sure you did not knock off some wires. Also reset the ram. What kind of beeps you getting?? example 8 short beeps... or 2 long beeps 1 short beep ect.

Fenella

I get the 1 usual beep that would normal happen when I started the computer. I did notice a wire that is not connected, but I do not know where it fits. It is from the motherboard and the wires are black red and green. It has a plug for 3 holes. The only thing I can see that would fit it is into the card the has the ethenet to my modem. I tried connecting it to this and still nothing!

I checked that the video card and ram are properly seated, still no luck.

Did you unplug your monitor from the computer when you opened the case?? If so take a look at the inside connector and make sure no pins are bent. One beep is normal and says all is ok with video card and ram usually.

Fenella

Nope the pins look fine! I don't understand I did nothing except put in the new burner. I tried starting it up without the burner disconnected and still nothing! Any other advice for me?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online