Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No display on monitors (no signal)

Solved 
1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so for the past few months I was having an issue where my PC would not start sometimes after pressing the power button and other times it would start several minutes after pressing it. I did some research and come to the conclusion that the motherboard was the culprit. Off to micro center I go and pick up an ASRock Z390 Pro4 because it was literally the only one I could find that supported my 9th gen Intel processor.

Now, after installation of the new motherboard, my PC powers up, fans kick on, fancy lights flash as they should........but no display. I tried re-seating the GPU, CPU, PSU, RAM and every other 3 letter acronym for a PC part I could find in this thing. Absolutely nothing fixed it. I absolutely hate to think I snatched another faulty MB but I am aware that that could be the case here. My question is, what other options are available for me to find this demon so I can cast him out of there? I'm lost without my PC!!!!!

Edit-
I guess it would have been wise to mention a few specs huh? I don't have exact model numbers and such but here's a rough in.

EVGA RTX 2060 xc
Intel I7 - 9700k
16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200
ASRock Z390 Pro4

The PSU was a temporary off brand from Amazon. Can't remember the name and it's covered up inside the case. But it is 1000w Bronze. It works very good.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, Battenc92, and welcome to TSG.

1) If the RAM modules are from your old computer, did you check if they were compatible with the new
ASRock Z390 Pro4 motherboard? The motherboard manual has an extensive list of supported modules
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Z390M Pro4.pdf

2) I believe that the new motherboard has a built-in video controller. Have you tried removing the Graphics card and testing using the built-in controller? The BIOS may present diagnostic information that would not be available through a graphics expansion card.

Beyond that, you could try going through the Trouble Shooting Problem Builds stickie post for other things to check.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-guide-for-problem-builds.580000/

#3 ·
I did not pre search whether my RAM was compatible but I did do a quick search a few hours ago and from I can tell, it should be fine. My ram is DDR4 and the box says DDR4. As for removing the GPU and trying straight from the MB, I also have tried that with no luck.

Currently I am reassembling the entire system because I decided that I better check the pins in the socket. Turns out a couple were a little out of whack either from me installing the CPU or due to it being an "open box" and the previous user did it. Hoping for some good results here in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.