No Display on New Gaming PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LukeP

Hi all,

Having an issue with my first build of a gaming PC. Have built the whole computer, but no display is being shown, I'm trying to display it on my TV through HDMI. All of fans and lights come on, however, no USB slots seem to be getting power (can tell as my keyboard doesn't light up).
These are all of the parts I have:
- GIGABYTE Intel LGA1151 Z170X-Gaming-3-Eu HDMI ATX Motherboard
- ASUS GeForce DUAL-GTX1060--O6G 6 GB Graphics Card
- Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz QuadCore 8MB Cache Processor
- Corsair CW-9060025-WW Hydro Series H100i V2 240 mm Extreme Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
- Corsair CP-9020061-UK Builder Series CXM750 ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit, 750 W
- Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
- Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit

PLEASE HELP ME!!

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Here is the site's TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE FOR NEW BUILDS. It was written by one of our Mods who is very knowledgeable. Read it over and you will find your issue.
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-guide-for-problem-builds.580000/

FWIW, One of the main issues with new builders who are inexperienced are:

HSF/CPU isn't secured/attached/installed properly
Memory installed in incorrect slots/incompatible RAM (Check board's compatibility list to make sure its listed as compatible)
GPU Isn't attached completely to PCIE lane.
4/8 pin CPU-AUX connector not connected

I'm not a technician but I can give you some troubleshooting edvice
1. The exact same thing happened to me my pc got no display so here are things to check ,
The pc is new build right ? Everything spins up but no display , your motherboard should have a beep code , so in your reply if you can try and explain it like if it goes like beeeep pause beeep etc , also you could have parts that don't work with your motherboard , example if you had one ram let's say 1 8gb ram and the motherboard slot could be defective I would try taking out the ram re installing it , the problem with my display was the cpu thermal paste was terrible so it wasn't transferring heat to the cpu so it ruined it , also try taking out the graphics card , another thing are all your motherboard stands on ? Your motherboard could be shorting to the case , anyway if you have no luck bring it to a technician P.S If You have any pictures post them in your reply
Regards , Dart

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online