1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no display or beeps doing bootup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paintedeyes, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paintedeyes

Paintedeyes Thread Starter

So i've been having a lot of problems with my pc. all of a sudden when i turned it off and back on afte rmoving cables i recieved no display. at first it was hard to find otu what the problem was since my antec 900 case doesn't have a speaker for the beeps. i got a new vid card, evga 9800gtx. it worked for a little bit, then stopped. i changed the mb battery, worked a little. i sent the mboard in rma. i just got it back. it plugged in everything and it doesn't work! i took the ram out, cleaned it. plugged in a comp speaker from another tower, put one stick of ram in. the computer was stuck at the post screen. i reboot and i went to bios and changed a few settings. and then the computer was fine. i could use my computer. then i put the other stick of ram in. and then no display and no beeps. i took it out and then it worked. i thought it was one bad memory stick. i swapped them, didn't work. and then i tried the workign one and then it started to not work. i took both ram out and then i got those beeps meaning there is no ram in the mboard. so i'm not too sure if it's the ram that is bad and if i should get new ones or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice