Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No display

Tags
cpu death mobo
528 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
So to start things off I'll tell you how this tragic tale happened. At first my PSU was making this loud noise, I didn't know what is was so I opened my case and checked. I nicked my finger on my GPU fan and broke off a blade. My GPU was now vibrating like mad and my PSU was whining like crazy. I replaced my PSU and everything was great. The next day I picked up a GTX 970. I came home flipped my case horizontal and promtly installed my 970. I turned the computer on and there was this spark and it started smelling like smoke. Just so happens somehow a screw ended up in my PSU and fried my motherboard. I purchased a new motherboard and a new PSU. Cleaned my case and made a fresh install. Now my computer will not post. It will turn on. The CPU fan will spin, my optical drive will open. My GPU fans will spin. I swapped out my GPU with my old 6850 radeon and the same thing happens. I purchased new RAM and the same thing happens. I've reapplied thermal paste twice now. Is my CPU fried? I really don't know what to do anymore. I should also mention, I hear no beeps..not sure if thats because there is none, or the mobo is bad or I just dont have a way to get the sound. Help me lol.

#2 ·
I currently have a

I7 2600k 3.4 SandyBridge Socket LGA 1155
1 Radeon 6850 and 1 EVGA GTX 970
1 EVGA 600B PSU 1 700w Extreme Gear PSU
1 8GB of multi compatible PNY RAM, 2 4GB of GSKILL 1333 RAM
1 H61M-P31/W8 motherboard.

Ive swapped parts multiple times.

Im currently using HDMI and DVI to try to get a display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.