No Display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DominicVaughn

I bought a new case for my machine and after finally hooking everything up and getting it ready to go I was met with some no display issues not even a boot up menu. Everything has power fans are spinning lights are on but I can't seem to get anything to show up. I checked all of my connections everything appears to be as it should but still nothing. Please help I don't know what to do.

crjdriver

How exactly did you fit the motherboard in the case?

How to properly install a new board in a case OR install an old board in a new case;
1 If your new case came with an IO plate, remove it. Almost all new cases do not ship with an IO plate however if yours did, remove it
2 Remove ALL standoffs in the case
3 Place the motherboard in the case in the correct position
4 Use a sharpie, pencil, whatever to mark your case where you need to install standoffs
5 Remove the board and install the standoffs in the places you marked and nowhere else
6 Install the IO plate that came with your new motherboard OR use the old one from your old case. Note many new motherboards have the IO plate attached. That is fine
7 Place the board in the case and slide into position. Secure with the screws that came with the case
Done.
If it worked before and not now, there are really only three possible causes;
1 Something is not installed or fully seated. The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is the most often overlooked item
2 A standoff is not installed in the correct place shorting the motherboard to ground
3 You broke something while installing the parts in the new case

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online