1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by an4cer, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an4cer

an4cer Thread Starter

hi guys, i was wonderin if any 1 here can slove this problem tht iam havin. After i cleaned the dust build up in my pc case i get NO DISPLAY mgs on the monitor. I took the video card out n put it bak in n it woks fine but the next da when i turned the pc on i get the same problem. :confused:

Is my video card playin up?

So now everytime i want to use my computer i have to take my video card out n put it bak in n then turn the pc on. :mad: (this is weired)

can any one tell me wat to do.

thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Hi, and welcome to the TSG forum :) (y)

Sounds like a faulty connection, was there lots of dust in the video card - as yor removed the video card you allowed the dust to fall into the socket.
    I would try and clean out the socket (can you get a vacuum cleaned over the socket to draw up any dust/dirt) and also clean the card contacts, sometimes rubbing the card contacts (NOT THE SOCKET) gently with a rubber/eraser (the type to rub out pencil) making sure you remove any rubber, helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice