No driver for your network adapter found

texasbullet

Ramon
The only thing I can think of is if you have a spare HDD replace it with the other one and reinstall W10 to see if that may work.
or download the driver from another computer and try installing it into your desktop.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The only thing I can think of is if you have a spare HDD replace it with the other one and reinstall W10 to see if that may work.
or download the driver from another computer and try installing it into your desktop.
Acer doesn't have any information, and Device Manager doesn't have any entries so we cannot find the info by the VEN/DEV number so we don't know what the actual device is.

texasbullet

Ramon
This might be his computer specs pertaining to his SNID number.

If still unable to find his ethernet number he may need to remove it from his computer and take a picture of the info somewhere in the board.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That SNID number is for an Acer Aspire C24-320 23.8" All-in-One Desktop PC which was introduced in 2019.

ckc17

No worries :) get your rest. LiveCD is basically Linux OS on a DVD or USB and you can use it like it was installed on your computer without having to actually install it. I am a little rusty on Linux, but I should be able to walk you through it if needed.

Here is a link you can read up on how to get a LiveCD: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#1-getting-started
Hi James, Thunderstorms have wiped out internet for much of today and are continuing so I am not staying on line for too long, I'm not tempting another problem with this machine.
I'm thinking maybe the best course now is retire the old Acer with a slow processor and 3 Gig of Ram from Internet work. It is still good for Music, Photos, vids on flash drives and preparing documents, and is likely only to have more problems with Windows 10 updates. However your link for ubunto is most interesting, reckon i can work my way through creating the USB no problem so i will be looking at that when i can get some safe internet time.
Thank you for your help, time and patients, much appreciated.

ckc17

Hi Frank & Ramon, Thank you for your help and advise. You will see from my response to James I have decided to retire the old Acer from internet work, I don't think its spec is up to Win 10 standards but its still good for off line work. Just to answer you last post James, that computer does not have wireless access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online