1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Drivers? Reinstalled Windows XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by h3lpPlz, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h3lpPlz

h3lpPlz Thread Starter

Hello, First of all thanks to anyone who helps.
    I am not very good when it comes to hardware. So simple instructions would be appreciated.

Ok, So i had a virus on my PC, So i reinstalled Windows XP.
    I thought that is all i had to do. Now, I do not have any drivers. I try changing the audio it says 'No audio device'
    I try going on the internet it says 'No Ethernet Connector' .

I cannot update the drivers with Device manager, as i dont have the internet.

I have no idea what i need to download either.
    I looked at other posts, and have downloaded a 'chipset' from ASUS site.
    I dont know what else i need to download so that, internet + sound is working.

My motherboard is
    ASUS M4A78 pro
    Windows XP Pro SP3

Apparently to 'EVEREST Ultimate Edition' I have

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

VIA VT1708S @ ATI SB700 - High Definition Audio Controller
    I also dont have a video controller.

Can anyone link me the downloads/ Help me out?

If u need anymore information, Ask :)

Please Help, I need internet soon, cuz i cant activate my windows. Lol

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    whats the make and model of the PC
    you need to go to the manufacturers website and download all the drivers for the PC
    chipset, video, audio, netwrok - etc

as you have the motherboard listed - you should also be able to get the drivers from the asus site - but i would start at the PC manufacturers website

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You made the mistake of not identifying the devices in that compouter and obtaining the XP drivers for them before you reinstalled XP. It's rare that XP will install drivers for all a computer's devices. That's why you want to have the drivers burned off to a CD-R or some other reliable media before you start.

If that computer is a known factory brand one, providing us with the brand name and model name and model number will greatly help in obtaining XP drivers. If perchance it's a Dell brand name, advise us what the service tag number is.

Is that computer a desktop or a laptop? I believe Atheros is a wireless adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice