1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No drivers with internet cable

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hysen, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hysen

hysen Thread Starter

Hello everybody!

I have a situation with my laptop. When I was in Lebanon I gave it to a guy at a store who formatted the whole computer and added the software/programs I requested, but there was one thing he didn't do or forgot or something went wrong...

I can't connect to the internet through internet cable, which means I don't have the drivers for this thing I guess. For some reason it didn't install on my Packard bell computer. I have had similar problems before with other computers, though the sound was my issue and back then I used to have Everest to discover what was missing. This time I have windows 7 and I doubt the Everest-version I had works and honestly I don't know what to do..!

I have Wifi internet to use the net, but I want the ability to use the network cable where the internet is 100/100 mb. Thank you for your help, appreciate it a lot.

/m

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did the shop install from the recovery paritition or put new operating system on and give you the key and copy of windows at all

make and model of the PC - it probably needs the driver

as you can access windows would you download and run the following please

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Validation

Please download and run MGADiag Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:
    • Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
    • Click "Continue"
    • Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default)
    • Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard
    • Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply

Please download and run WVCheck and post back the report it creates:
    • Double-click WVCheck.exe.
    • As indicated by the prompt, this program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
    • Once the program is done, copy the contents of the Notepad file as a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. hysen

hysen Thread Starter

I don't know but I doubt it is a valid version. Though he told me he kept the recovery partition and that one is valid for sure. So what can I do to download the right drivers to get my internet cable running with the computer?

Thanks

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    run the validation tools please and lets make sure it is genuine - otherwise you will have issues in future

also you have a key on the bottom of the laptop - so that should be the key used in the machine

whats the make and exact model of the PC

5. hysen

hysen Thread Starter

Is there another way to find the right drivers for the laptop?

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    we will not provide support until seeing the results from the two files I requested

7. hysen

hysen Thread Starter

ok thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice