1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No drivers!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by AbsentHarvest, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbsentHarvest

AbsentHarvest Thread Starter

I have an acer computer.. triple core... the model number AM5200 - E5510A
    When the computer started up, there was a error... couldn't troubleshoot it, support couldn't help... so we reinstalled windows.. however, we have no disk containing any drivers whatsoever. so we can't get online.. or anything. i need help....

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. AbsentHarvest

well, we found out after that we didn't have recovery disks or a recovery partition, we had to use software to back it up.. however it was irrelevant because we could log into windows.. we have it all setup again, however we just need drivers...
    the 5200... is for 32bit... this is a 64bit system. >_>

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

The processor is 64 bit but are you sure the OS is? I couldn't find anyplace that sells that model that let's you upgrade from the normally installed 32 bit Vista Home Premium to a 64 bit version.

Double check System Properties to make sure it shows that the OS is 64 bit.
    Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System
    System Type: will show either 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System

HTH

Jerry

5. AbsentHarvest

I tried installing these drivers (M5200) .... on a 64 bit operating system... Vista Ultimate.. and back to a 32 bit operating system.. home premium... none of the hardware is being recognized. nothing is working.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice