1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Ethernet connection on my laptop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by eveshi, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveshi

eveshi Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a problem concerning my laptop to internet connection. For the past two weeks I tried to fix it. I was able to fix it for a day or two and then it again doesn't work. Sometimes when I shut it down it starts to work fine again for about 20 to 30 minutes and then it again loses wireless internet connection. I have a Windows 8.1 version. I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried watching videos on installing and reinstalling the programs. When it loses connection it shows that I have a code 10 problem. I feel like my laptop just forgets to work wireless.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6075 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -2016 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 674 GB (613 GB Free); D: 23 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2211
    Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Enabled and Updated

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do a restart - NOT shutdown and start - But restart. This bug applies to W10 , but no harm in trying that first

Lets re-install the driver

It looks like you have a HP PC
    whats the exact model of the PC and then we can install a new driver

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice