No Ethernet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lthom

I live in an apartment with no Ethernet jack and about 7 phone jacks. The office controls all of the routers and I have no access to that. I just purchased the Phillips hue starter kit, and in order to use it the bridge needs to connect into an Ethernet port.

Is there a way around this or some hardware I can buy to work the same way?

AmyToo

Amy
I don't know how you could use smart home devices with no access to a router. If you could get the devices connected, anyone connected to that router could control those devices. That's not a good situation.

Couriant

James
If you are living in an apartment complex that provide services then you are pretty much stuck with what they have unless they will allow you to go outside of what they offer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online