1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No external access for Outlook - "internal server error"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by trident12, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trident12

trident12 Thread Starter

Hey there everyone.
    Our Outlook emails across the whole company aren't currently receiving external emails and anything sent out externally sits in the outbox and doesn't go anywhere.
    When we try to log in to the browser version (the out of work access) we just get the words "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred."
    We do have full internet access in every other way though (I can post this from the same server, no problem with out PDQs)
    Following up on some online articles that particular error message seems to mean that either the server can't find the root directory for the requested location, or that the script mapping isn't valid.
    Can anyone let me know how to check either or both of those those things, or let me know if I should be doing something else? All suggestions welcome!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What has your company's IT and/or the email service provided said about your issues? Those two should be your first calls.

Maybe you need you update your email settings on the client computers, update your mail server settings if you have an in-house mail server, or maybe you email hosting provider has black listed you or suspended your service.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice