No file opens, no imge opens,, please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

libaax

Dear friends
I got far more complicated issue than ''Windows 7 photo viewer does not open any picture file'' which only part of my problem.
In detail, I had a hard driver problems with ultimate-7 64bit which started the viewing problems also I cant copy move the data I can see but no touching, then all data disappeared from E driver. So I took to local IT shop they who restored the files in question, but could not make them readable or openable. The files can be moved copied but can not be viewed, this was an improvement to as it was before.
I bought 2 new 'seagate momentus xt' hard drivers re installed all, everything working,,,, but my AutoCAD projects, my images 12 year of data are all not readable, I have it on portable driver, I also copied to new installed drivers for safe keeping but files are not opening.
The files are the same size as originals, has all info can see extensions 'jpg, tiff, and dwg drawings' but they are locked, images has green square box window viewer but no thamps or icons it is not a single file but 10,000 images and 100 drawings etc all not working,,opening.
I tried:
Picture Doctor
PhotoRescue PC
VG JPEG-Repair Online
Digital Photo Recovery [Demo]
PixRecovery
Non of this worked, it looks like my case is far more complicated than restoring a single or 2 images, my professional collections are in danger.

My pc i7 720, 6gb memory, 1gb 9800gt, window-7 ultimate 64bit.

Please help if you have seen or came across this problems before. I am happy to email and attach a one image for you to see the problem.

Thanks Libaax

Attachments

It's no use trying recovery software on files which are already visible.

Just to be certain that the problem is, or is not, related to your PC, try opening the files on a different computer (obviously you'll need to install Autocad to open Autocad files on a different computer). If they open OK on a different computer, your computer needs sorting out & there is nothing wrong with the files. It might be best just to re-install Windows if it's really messed up, which I think is the case.

libaax

Hello,
Thanks for the info, since I posted this post I had more experience in the issue.

I and IT man in the hight street established problem is the hard driver, I had 2 of them 1-'C' the OS software and 2-'E' with files and data, which is corrupted.
The C driver works fine and win7 ultimate also works fine but E driver with my data is sick.

Just for your information if you have money data can be recovered,, I located people who have multi million machines who will recover anything you like as long as you got money, and quotes I had was 495 to £1000, I cant pay that much but I located a more realistic price £125 which is a price for normal people and it is no recovery no pay basis.

So hopefully they will recover my data.

note I did move the HD to a newer pc to see if the newer pc reads but no luck, and I cant forget and loose my 12 years collected data, drawings images documents, hope you understand.
Since I bought 'Seagate momentus xt' x 2 and my pc works fine with new win7.

But old HD needs medicine, and that is what I am after.

Thanks Libaax

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts